Disclaimer: We are using Amazon affiliate Product Advertising API to fetch products from Amazon, include: price, content, image, logo, brand, feature of products which are trademarks of Amazon.com. So, when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.. Read more.
Looking for a quality hair straightener that will leave your locks looking sleek and smooth? If so, you may want to consider investing in a Korean hair straightener. Unlike traditional flat irons, these innovative devices use steam to help tame frizzy and unruly hair, resulting in a polished look with minimal effort. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of using a Korean hair straightener, as well as some top-rated models worth checking out.
Why you should buy a Korean Hair Straightener
The best hair straightener, the Koreans’ favorite styling tool is still an indispensable item in everyone’s daily makeup. Some people think it’s just a plain iron, but there’s actually so much more to it than that! This article will let you know why you should definitely invest in one of these fantastic little tools, and take your hairstyle game to the next level. The first step will be knowing how to use your new accessory…
1) What does it do? As stated above, Korean hair straighteners are an essential part of every woman’s beauty arsenal; also referred to as “straight irons” (or less accurately, flat irons), they can give your hair amazing volume and shine while making your locks perfectly straight. They are extremely versatile and easy to use, not only do they work on every type of hair imaginable (dry, frizzy or even dyed), but can also get really close to the root for extra volume.
2) How do I get ready? For your first time using one of these tools it’s important that you ensure your hair is nice and clean before starting out- no need to wash again just after, but at least try to get rid of any dry shampoo residue! After towel drying, brush through your hair with a wide-tooth comb while still in the shower to remove any tangles. Now you’re all set up for styling.
3) What should I consider when buying one? There are so many to choose from that it might be a little bit overwhelming when stepping into a shop to purchase one for the first time, there are a few factors you will want to take in consideration.
Size: These irons come in many different shapes and sizes depending on what your needs are, so before buying you will have to measure how much hair straightening surface area you need. For example, if you’re going out all the time and looking for something suitable for shorter hair then perhaps an iron with 1″ -2″ plates would suit your needs better. On the other hand, if you’ve got very long hair or special occasion hair then opting for one with large plates (3″) would be best! Pressure: If this is your first time using one of these tools, you might want to opt for a model with plates that are not too thin. These irons typically have plates between 0.5 mm and 1 mm which is the ideal thickness for first-time users. Heating up time: Korean hair straighteners heat up really fast (in contrast to some other brands) so it’s only necessary that they can heat up within 15 seconds at most! Also, it will be easier on your new tool if you wait until the last minute before using it – don’t leave your flat iron plugged in all day or try to use it when it’s still charging as this shortens its lifespan considerably.
4) What type should I get? There are three main types of Korean hair straighteners you can choose from depending on your preferences, needs and budget:
Tourmaline-ceramic plates Titanium plates Ceramic-tourmaline plates The first type are tourmaline-ceramic which are great for any hair type since their ceramic coating heats evenly. This means that these straighteners won’t damage your hair as much as titanium ones will. Of course, ceramic also contributes to the best finished looks. They are more expensive than titanium ones but they heat up (and cool down) really fast and provide shiny and smooth results. If you’re looking to buy a high end model then this is the one we recommend! The second variety of Korean straightener is made with titanium; they last longer than tourmaline or ceramic models because they are more resistant to high temperatures. Also, they provide smoother results than ceramic but are not as effective when it comes to shine. They are slightly cheaper than tourmaline ones but tend to lose heat quick and take a bit longer than usual to heat up and cool down. Last, we have the ceramic-tourmaline irons: these provide the benefits of both mentioned above while combining their features into one great-looking straightener! Even if these type of irons don’t get as hot as titanium ones, they manage to get really close so you won’t have to pass over your locks several times in order for them be perfectly sleek and shiny…
5) How do I use it? There’s only one way to learn – by doing it! So grab that flat iron and start experimenting with your hair. You can use it in different ways. For example, you can take a section by section approach or just run the straightener through your locks until they are all sleek and shiny- either way works perfectly fine so don’t be afraid to get creative! Remember to always let your flat iron do the work for you- never try tugging at your locks while using one of these irons, it will only damage them or even burn yourself. Tip: It’s easier if you use the tool on half of your hair first then move on to the rest!
6) Can I hold my flat iron vertically? Some prefer using their straighteners vertically because it makes curling the ends of your hair easier. This method is more effective on hair that has layers since having some sticking out can be really helpful. If you want to use one horizontally then just take smaller sections of hair and pass the iron over them until they are perfectly sleek and shiny!
7) How often should I use one? Korean straighteners are definitely not “one-time-use” tools but if taken care of properly, they can last for years without requiring replacement. That being said, try to avoid leaving your flat iron plugged in or charging for too long as this shortens its lifespan considerably (and besides, keeping it plugged in all day isn’t safe). Here’s what you need to do: After using your straightener, unplug it and let it cool down for at least 15 minutes before putting it back in its case or leaving it lying around. Also, this isn’t a must but we recommend using a heat protective glove each time you curl your hair with one of these tools- safety first! Since you’ll probably use one frequently (we sure do!), we recommend replacing them once every 2 years so they don’t damage your locks.
8) How much should I spend on a straightener? Well… to be honest, the answer is: “as much as possible”. If you buy an affordable tool then all you will get is something that works pretty well… But if you invest in a high quality model then our guess is that you won’t have to replace it anytime soon. So why not take our word for it and spend a little more now so you don’t have to do it ever again?
9) What’s the best temperature setting for a straightener? First off, you should start with a warm tool because if it gets too hot then your hair will burn! You’ll know that it’s ready when the indicator light changes from orange to green. From there on out, go ahead and experiment with different settings until you find what works best for your locks- this will prevent further damage! Of course, if you often use styling products or tools then always remember that they all have different temperatures as well- keep this in mind while using them with an iron!
10) Are Korean straighteners better than ones available in other countries? With so many brands and models out there, it’s hard to decide which one is the best. If you’re curious then just go ahead and try one or two- who knows, maybe they will become your new favorite styling tool! Follow us on Facebook for more beauty-related articles like this one. P.S.: Have any other questions about flat irons? Feel free to ask us in the comments below!
How to Choose the Best Korean Hair Straightener Brush
Like other things beauty, you should expect to pay more for the best Korean hair straightener brush. But if you want a really good product, your best option is not to settle for anything less that the top 10 list below has prepared for you. We have dedicated our time and effort into identifying what makes each of these brushes worth buying because we are careful about the quality of the products that we recommend to people who are dedicated to looking their very best at any given time.
Decide on the size and style which will fulfill your specific needs in terms of hair styling before you make a purchase decision. Also, research extensively on how different brands offering this service ensure customer satisfaction with every made with them by reading reviews from previous customers. It is the only way to know what you are getting before spending money.
We have compiled the 10 best Korean hair straightener brush for 2019 below which are designed with high-quality materials that allow them to last for a very long time, they are resilient and durable in all kinds of weather. They heat up quickly, they lock their heat which makes them safe to use especially around kids who might wonder into your room where you keep it while curling or straightening your hair. It also has an automatic shutoff option if not being used for over 30 minutes which prolongs its life because it will never burn out or get damaged if not in use.
A straightening brush’s barrel should be made from ceramic or tourmaline plates, titanium or other high-quality material. Other things to consider before making a purchase decision include the design and safety features, length of the cord and its weight (weightless brushes are best because nobody wants to lift something that is too heavy when it comes to styling their hair).
Korean hair straighteners are a great option if you’re looking for convenience and versatility. The best part is they can be used anywhere, so you don’t have to worry about dragging around an extra tool or appliance with you on the go. If this sounds like something that would work well for your lifestyle and hairstyle goals, we recommend checking out some of our favorite models today! Click here to see more details on these products now!